David Johnson Cover Letter

DifferentialEquationsBiologyApplicationsEx1.html

Say this prayer: it helps!

St. Michael the Archangel defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the Devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou most Heavenly host, by the power of God cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who roam around the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Hi, my name is David Johnson a G4S security guard here at the State Farm Corporate south facility. I just wanted to thank you for selecting me to work at this location. Presently I would like to say a few things about myself. While I am happy with my security job, I feel that I should inform you of my background in the fields of Physics and Engineering. I received my first bachelor’s degree in Physics from Xavier University in 1993 in the field of Physics. I received a master’s degree in Physics Teaching from Kansas State University in 1996 under the guidance off Dr. Dean Zollman. Then, in the year 2000 I received another master’s degree in the field of Education, that is, Curriculum and Instruction. When in elementary school I was assigned the school projector operator foreshadowing my future as an engineer. Later in high school I was assigned to be the football cameraman during my Junior and Senior years at St. John Vianney High School in New Orleans. I then went to work as a volunteer camera man in the 1980’s as a cameraman (and later master control operator) at channel 32 in New Orleans. I worked both the Papal Visit in 1987 and the Republican convention in 1988.

After graduate school in Kansas in the field of Physics I then went to work as a Private School teacher at Brother Martin High School for two years, and then as a public school teacher for Orleans Parish Schools from 1998 to 2005 (when hurricane Katrina struck). For a while during my undergraduate years I spent time concurrently enrolled at the University of New Orleans where I was to receive an electrical engineering degree. I received a substantial number of credits, but I decided to go back to Xavier to get the bachelor’s in Physics (1993).

Later, after Hurricane Katrina I decided to take advantage of the percentage of that electrical engineering degree I had and re-enrolled at UNO. I went back to WLAE Channel 32 (relocated at that time on Causeway Blvd. in Metairie) for a little over a year and then acquired work at WWL Channel 4 from 2007 to 2014 when I was let go because they replaced my job with automation (the same thing they did to me at WLAE Ch. 32 by the way). However, my experience in television broadcasting was really good and I look forward to hearing from you.

I mention my experience because I am interested in knowing how much State Farm utilizes employees with a background in Physics and Engineering. I would appreciate an interview just to talk about this prospect. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Mr. David C. Johnson

Back to the start ... D.E. Ex1.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First JavaScript Program

My first form